Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nourishment

This is a post that I have been meaning to write for some time.  It is kind of about nursing my baby.  Only kind of....please if you are male and reading my blog and nervous about things like mommies feeding babies don't worry.  No details or pictures on this subject, I promise. :)

When I had Zoe and started nursing her I found that sometimes she was hungry but would get her little hands into her mouth instead of eating.  I would try to gently move them out of her mouth and help her to latch on so that she could get the nourishment that she needed.  Sometimes she would sneak her hands back into her mouth and then get frustrated because sucking on her hands did not fill her stomach.  I thought:

Oh little girl, don't you know that milk tastes better than fingers?  My silly sweetheart, don't you see that you can't have both food and your hands in your mouth at the same time?  Don't you know what is good for you?

Then I heard God's gentle reminder speaking into my soul.  What are you trying to satisfy yourself with, my daughter?  Let me feed you with the food that you really need...

Psalm 81:10 says "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of Egypt.  Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."

1 comment:

  1. Joy, this is so precious! Thank you for the reminder. Lanette

    ReplyDelete