Monday, October 31, 2011

Two Things

Two things about today stand out to me.

1.  I drove my scooter to school for the first time.  This was a big accomplishment for me (with lots of gentle prodding from Daniel) because I have been scared to drive in Indonesia.  Here I am leaving for school:



My drive was pretty uneventful, except for a little help from a guard at school when I was trying to get the scooter up the steep ramp to the parking area.  Yes, I stopped on the middle of the ramp.  And yes, he pushed on the back of my bike so I wouldn't go back down.  But besides that, it went fine!  Daniel affectionately named my Honda Scoopy "Zippy."  This may not be the most fitting name for her when I'm driving, but that's ok!

2.  This evening our roof leaked.  This is not the first time we have had a problem with the roof in our living room.  Our roof also leaked in a slightly different spot last April, on my birthday.  But today I did not notice that the roof was leaking until Zoe started fussing in her pack-n-play and I looked in at her and she was all wet!  Ooops!


The leak did get worse after these photos were taken.  Hopefully we can get it fixed tomorrow!  Now it is raining again, outside and inside.  I feel a little nervous about what I will find in the morning, though it is bedtime now.

I hope your day has been fun!  Funny to be here in Indonesia with it raining inside the house when I have family and friends in New England enjoying a foot or more of very early snow!  It does not feel like fall (or winter) here at all.

1 comment: