Sunday, May 8, 2016

Thoughts on Mother's Day

First of all, I am so grateful for the moms in my life... For my mom who has loved me well and speaks truth and wisdom. She is the "glue" of my family of origin, reasonable, hard-working, always serving us and praying for us. I love going clothes shopping with her, going for long walks together, and watching her love her grandchildren!



And for my mother-in-law who is so very loving and accepting of me and has raised my husband. I love watching her love her grandchildren too! She comes up with fun ideas...making giant bubbles, snowmen, flower gardens.


I also am so very grateful for my children who make me a mom.


They get a little crazy at bedtime!


As I've enjoyed their hugs today I have also been thinking about the baby I lost (miscarried at 14 weeks in December 2012). She or he would be 3 years old later this month. I am thinking of and praying for others who I know have lost children or who want to have children but have not been able to. Mother's Day is a wonderful day and can be a really hard day too. My dear friend Emily wrote about how hard this day is for her this year here. I hope that if Mother's Day is hard for you (perhaps because your mom is no longer alive, was not loving, or you have lost a child or been unable to have children) that you are able to grieve and are able to receive love from God and/or from someone important to you. Much love to each of you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment