Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Something New

This evening it came, delivered from the back of a little Honda truck.  Daniel signed the paperwork and handed over all the cash, and we now have my long-awaited scooter parked inside our front room (to prevent theft).  In truth, I was hoping it would take longer to order it because since arriving in Indonesia 6 months ago I have been delaying learning to drive here.  Not only do they drive on the left side of the road, but the traffic patterns are rather different than back home.  And with used cars very expensive (buying a car is like buying a house here), scooters are the main mode of transportation. 

Daniel wants me to be able to drive here.  In fact, he went looking and found the cutest scooter on the market and told me that I could have one if I would like it.  Honda Scoopys are small and retro-looking.  And they come in 5 colors.  I doubt I will every buy a new car (even in the US), but, since Scoopys are very new and used ones are not available, I got to pick out the color of my new scooter.  I chose bright and cheerful red.  What do you think?

My Scoopy beside Daniel's motorcycle.  You can see the delivery truck in the background.

Sitting with the kick stand down :)

Only 0.7km on this bike so far!


Oh, and my Scoopy doesn't have any license plates yet so I guess I get to put off practicing driving it for a little bit longer...

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, if all the eight year old boys in our neighborhood and drive scooters, you can too! :) I'm glad you like Zippy!

    ReplyDelete